Full Job Description
Why MIND 24-7 ?
MIND 24-7 is an Arizona-based company that is fundamentally changing delivery of behavioral health care by offering accessible and immediate walk-in mental health facilities that are open 24 hours a day. Services provided include Psych Express Care (2-3 hour intervention), Psych Crisis Care, and Psych Progressions (Outpatient Therapist Services). MIND 24-7 not only enhances the quality of patient care, but reduces pressure on the mental health system, reducing costly emergency room visits, in-patient treatment, and readmissions for crisis care. In the first year, with now over 450 team members, the company has opened three facilities in the Greater Phoenix are and has served over 10,000 individuals in need of care. Immediate rapid expansion into additional states is planned for the coming year.
***8a to 830p Fri/Sat/Sun ***
Leads and directs care of child and adolescent psychiatric patient, serves as clinical lead for the multi-disciplinary care team. Provides direct patient care to assigned patient and serves as a resource for multi-disciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Serves as the attending provider to child and adolescent patients.
- Completes initial psychiatric assessments, crisis interventions, family interventions, focused crisis diagnostic assessments, assessments of capacity for consent to treatment, risk assessments, patient education, progress towards treatment goals, and discharge planning including medical, psychological, social, behavioral and developmental aspects of the patient’s care, treatment, and services.
- Developing and implementing individualized mental health treatment planning for assigned child and adolescent patients.
- Providing competent psychotropic medication treatment and other psychiatric treatments to meet the needs of assigned child and adolescent patients.
- Directly communicates with appropriate parents, guardians and social services.
- Participate in care coordination with non-physician providers, including Licensed Therapists, and our Behavioral Health
- Coordinators, with respect to psychiatric treatment.
- Completes medication flow sheets, medication, reconciliation, medication education, and medication consent according to established policy.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and program development.
- Orders laboratory test according to standards of medical practice.
- Reviews health assessment completed by nursing staff, obtains a past and current medical history, and conducts a focused physical examination as indicated.
- Initiates contact with Primary Care Physicians and other Clinicians according to established guidelines.
- Assesses patient’s needs and guides the clinician team while managing treatment plan updates, in addition to initiating contact with outpatient clinicians.
- Reviews and utilizes all available documents form the crisis clinical team.
- Utilizes appropriate medication based on evidence and best practices.
- Works closely with other personnel to ensure that each treatment modality is appropriate for the consumer in addition to working with outside psychiatric providers in crisis and inpatient services.
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Will attend supervision sessions as required.
- Will complete all other required trainings as assigned.
- Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Medical Director.
- Supervisory Functions: None
- Unrestricted Registered Nursing license in the State of Arizona.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with a master’s level certification in Psychiatric Mental
- Health (PMHNP)
- Licensed in the State of Arizona and National Certifications
- 0-3 years’ experience in the delivery of crisis mental health and/or delivery of family health treatment to children, adolescents, and/or adults
- Unrestricted DEA license
- Dual certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Graduate from an accredited program of professional nursing or physician assistant program
- Advanced practice degree
- DEA X License
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Occasionally required to use hands.
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to lift/push light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust or focus
With a passion for hiring and retaining the best, MIND 24-7 offers the most competitive benefits in the market that begin within 30 days for full-time Team Members! Included are medical, dental, vision, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, company paid life insurance and disability, voluntary plans, discounted gym memberships, 401K with company contribution, generous paid time off along with holidays, team member appreciation days. We even provide an incredible break room stocked full of complimentary snacks and beverages. We want the best team members, so we provide the best benefits.