Full Job Description
Christ Health Center in Birmingham, Alabama is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to join our team of healthcare professionals. As an Advanced Practice Provider at Christ Health Center, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with the health center’s staff physicians to deliver high-quality primary medical care to ambulatory patients. Your work will make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most. By providing comprehensive patient-centered care, you’ll be helping to address the pressing healthcare needs of the underserved in the Birmingham area. If you’re passionate about delivering quality care and want to be a part of a team that’s making a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join us today and help us make a real impact in the community.
401K & 401K Matching
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
$25,000 Basic Life Insurance-After 90 Day Probationary Period During The Term of Employment with CHC
Paid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Major Duties & Responsibilities: Job Skills
- Confirm patient identity according to current procedure before rendering any service.
- Thoroughly, accurately, and promptly documents all service rendered in the electronic medical record for every patient.
- Performs all tests, procedures, and other services according to the policy and procedure of CHC, notify the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner of instrument or procedural problems.
- Knows and complies with CLIA, OSHA, and JCAHO regulations for safety, infection control, equipment operation, and other applicable areas.
- Participates in proficiency testing as required by CHC or departmental policy to ensure that proper standards of care are being maintained.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient health information in accordance with HIPAA and other applicable regulations.
- Assists with recognizing the needs and concerns of people within their cultural framework, and maintains constructive relationships in dealing with them
- Understands CHC’s relationship with the community and maintains a positive image and relationships
- Maintains open communication with the Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Clinical Director, Mid-level providers, Physicians and other staff, reporting patient progress, abnormal diagnostic/assessment data, and notable health changes.
- Interprets CHC’s services and policies to patients and families
- Deals with public and staff, both in person and over the telephone, in tactful and professional manner.
- Attends staff meetings and provider meetings, and maintains involvement with CHC committees to ensure quality of care for patients
- May perform other duties as assigned by the medical director.
- Participates in continuing medical education, including Life Support Training, to maintain the skills necessary to perform mid-level duties and as required by applicable medical boards and the State.
- Maintains own physical health required to perform nurse practitioner duties; maintains current immunizations and up-to-date PPD.
- Maintains communication with Administration regarding personal issues related to drugs, felonies, discipline, loss of license or privileges, litigation where the provider or clinic is harmed or at risk, or other serious issues.
- The mid-level provider will meet twice a year with his/her designated collaborating physician as outlined in the mid-level supervision requirements protocol.
- Agrees to abide by the health center’s mission statement, statement of purpose, and guiding principles to provide leadership by example for staff.
- Attends monthly All Staff meetings, monthly department meetings and annual retreats.
- Attends and participates in in-service education for staff, quality assurance program, and risk-management programs.
- Christ Health Center has an identifiable team structure and an organized staff to sustain team-based care. Each clinical Core Care Team providing care to patients will be comprised of at least one provider and at least one medical assistant. The Core Care Team members are expected to meet each morning prior to seeing the first patient and review the Huddle Task List for that day.
- Participates in peer/chart review, performance evaluations, and quality improvement efforts.
Qualification, Education, Experience
- Must have at least 3 years experience in Family Medicine or Med/Peds.
- Ability to consult and work collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers to develop effective treatment plans.
- Ability to obtain health history and perform a physical exam to determine and execute a diagnosis and treatment plan in accordance with established standards, procedures, and practices. Requisitions lab tests and x-rays, writes prescriptions, and makes referrals, as appropriate. Follows CHC clinical practice guidelines.
- Delegate’s patient care responsibilities that fall under the scope of practice of other Care Team members to those individuals (i.e., medical assistant, nurse, social worker or other physician for “diagnostic dilemma’s”).
- Ability to provide patient care to approximately 7-8 patients per 4-hour shift per day as per productivity expectations for all mid-level providers.
- Self-motivated and flexible to daily patient schedule and/or clinic needs.
- Graduate of an accredited program.
- Current license.
- Current CPR certification.
- One year ambulatory or public health experience preferred.
- Strong assessment skills required.
- Ability to work independently and make clinical assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Leadership and organizational skills essential.
- Satisfactory completion of medication course.
- Bilingual, especially in Spanish, is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft word and ability to work within an electronic health record.
- Must be a United States Citizen or legally authorized to working in the United States
- Ability to provide follow-up care for patients:
- Ensure continuity of patient and family care by exchanging information and cooperating with other community health/social service agencies, hospitals, and health care providers.
- Counsel patients and/or significant others concerning physical and developmental well-being, defining each individual’s needs and problems.
- Identify community health resources, and guides patients and/or significant others in their use.
Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence and reports; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, visitors, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events) and to convey the information to others.
- Work requires the ability to lift objects weighing up to 20-50 pounds.
- Work requires ability to carry objects weighing up to 20-50 pounds.
- Work requires ability to stand +/- 90% of the time.
- Work requires ability to stoop and bend, to reach, and grab with arms and hands; manual dexterity and to communicate with others.
- Work requires proofreading and checking documents for accuracy.
- Work requires ability to use a keyboard and visualize a computer monitor to enter words or data.
- Clinic may be crowded and noisy.
- Some stress resulting from the diversity and the intensity of patients and their care.
- OSHA personal exposure risk category I & II.
- Airborne personal exposure risk category I (Possible exposure of the healthcare worker to patients capable of transmitting M. tuberculosis). Universal precautions will be adhered to at all times.
- Medical office environment.
- Understands Christ Health Center Mission Statement and Values.
- Consistently displays Christ Health Center’s Mission on a daily basis.
- Treats patients, visitors and co-workers with love and respect.
You may also be interested in these similar jobs
- Birmingham, AL
- Birmingham, AL
- Birmingham, AL